We developed two conversation design courses with both an applied introductory course and a more advanced product-oriented course. These courses were taught in small live zoom classes with cohorts of 15 students.
We believe that successful design isn’t possible without a cross-disciplinary approach, which puts product value first and is rooted in understanding user’s Jobs-To-Be-Done.
Our courses offer:
Small class sizes
We keep our classes small to ensure that each student gets individual support and guidance.
Live weekly training
Every week includes 4 hours of hands-on small group practice, peer critiques and 1:1 mentorship.
Apart from class practice, each student works on a unique multimodal Capstone Project case study.
Each week is supplemented with readings, video materials, workbooks and templates.
We teach Conversation Design in conjunction with the following:
- Understanding the full breadth and capabilities of conversational AI technologies.
- Techniques to uncover unmet user needs and JTBD theory.
- Hypothesis-driven validation and continuous testing.
- Addressing the product risks of desirability, viability, usability and feasibility.
- Importance of inclusive design and accessibility.